Today was the big day! We got to find out the sexes of the little sprouts today. Of course this ultrasound was really about screening for birth defects and making sure that everything is developing normally. The gender thing was an added bonus!
Without further delay, we're happy to announce that we will be having TWO BOYS!
Their development is perfect, no issues! They are dichorionic/diamniotic twins, which in the world of twinning means that each baby has its own placenta and its own amniotic sac. This means there is a good chance that they are fraternal twins (two eggs, two sperm), but there is still a chance, if the egg split early enough in the pregnancy, that they are identical. My bets are still on fraternal though. Nate jokingly likes to "blame" me for the twinning. "Either way," he says, "You either released two eggs or you split an egg." My response? "First of all, I do not command my eggs to split. Second, you fertilized both eggs. Third? I think if you're going to point fingers you need to take that up with the Lord in your prayer time."
I know that Payton will love being a big sister to two boys and I am sure will enjoy bossing them around. I can't lie, I love that my little girl will have two brothers to have her back when she's older. Especially when young men come calling. And poor Luna doesn't know what's coming. I have already seen while fur popping up on her from Payton, I cannot imagine two boys on top of that.
Well that's all the updates I have for now! Thanks for all of your prayers and support :)
Love,
Tiff, Nate, Payton, Baby A, Baby B, and Luna (phew)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.